The zone indicator works with all valve models manufactured in the past 20 years.
To Install your Zone Indicator you must:
- Remove the four screws that attach the cam cover to the valve top.
- Remove the Cam Cap making sure that the O-ring on the top of the cam stays in place.
- Place the zone indicator shaft into the valve stem and lightly twist the cap until the shaft on the underside of the zone indicator slides into the hole on the stem and disc assembly. Do not force the zone indicator down.
- Make sure the notched edge of the cam is in place with the locator pin on the top of the valve.
- Replace the four screws and tighten them down.
Tips and Suggestions:
When installing the zone indicator we suggest first turning the screw counter clockwise until you feel a ‘pop’ as the screws falls into the old thread. You can then turn the screw clockwise and tighten. This prevents the chance of stripping out screws as they form new thread in the plastic. It is always best to install with a hand held screwdriver.