Directions on how to replace your Fimco Stem and Disc Assembly:
- Loosen the coupling nut from the coupling.
- Unscrew the 6 or 8 screws around the perimeter of the valve.
- Remove off valve top
- Work the stem & disk assembly up into and out of the valve top until it disengages.
- Insert the new stem and disc up into the valve top into the slot that goes through the cam.
- replace the valve top on the valve bottom, make sure that top o-ring is in place (it’s underneath the perimeter of the valve top). Screw the valve top back onto the valve bottom.
- Re-tighten the union from the source.
Tips and Suggestions:
When re-assembling your index valve we suggest first turning the screws counter clockwise until you feel a ‘pop’ as the screw falls into the old thread. You can then turn the screw clockwise and tighten. This prevents the chance of stripping out screws as they form new thread in the plastic. It is always best to install with a hand held screwdriver.
Due to re-engineering of our Fimco Stem and Disc assembly and our Fimco cams…our older 5 zone cams are not backwards compatible with the new stem and disc assembly. This applies to all installations prior to 2016. If you are running 5 active zones on your older system and are purchasing a new stem and disc assembly we would also recommend you to also purchase a new 5 zone cam. Thank you for your understanding as we implement these changes to create an even better product. You can purchase a new 5 zone cam here.