Directions for Changing the Fimco Valve Top.
- Loosen the coupling from the coupling nut
- Unscrew the 6 or 8 screws (depending on the valve size) from the perimeter of the valve top
- Lift the valve top with the stem and disc assembly attached from the valve bottom making sure not to lose your screws.
- Work the stem & disk assembly up into and out of the valve top until it disengages.
- Unscrew the 4 screws holding down the cam cover
- Lift off the cam cover and the cam making sure to not lose the screws.
- Inspect your new valve top to make sure that an O-ring is present.
- Install the cam onto the new valve top making sure that the O-rings are in place, the cam is lined up with the notch on the valve top, and that the numbers are facing up.
- Install the cam cover.
- Turn your valve over and look for the notch in the cam. Place the stem of your stem and disc assembly through that notch and rotate it once so that it stays in place
- Install your new upper assembly onto your existing valve bottom with the six or eight screws.
Tips and Suggestions:
When installing the valve top we suggest first turning the screw counter clockwise until you feel a ‘pop’ as the screws falls into the old thread. You can then turn the screw clockwise and tighten. This prevents the chance of stripping out screws as they form new thread in the plastic. It is always best to install with a hand held screwdriver.