FIMCO snap-on saddles are an easy way to add sprinklers or vacuum breakers to a new or existing irrigation system. There is no need to cut pipes and add T fittings.
Here’s the procedure for installing a FIMCO snap-on saddle with a vacuum breaker:
– If the saddle came with the vacuum breaker installed first remove the vacuum breaker.
– Apply PVC cement to the underside of the saddle.
– Snap the saddle into place at the high point of the system, 99% of the time this will be just prior to the indexing valve itself. The 1/2″ female threaded portion of the saddle should be pointing up.
– Allow the PVC cement at least 2 hours to fully cure, all PVC cement will list their full cure time on the can. As always we recommend against the fast setting blue PVC cement, it’s extremely aggressive towards ABS plastics and if not careful can create more problems than it solves. We recommend standard clear PVC cement.
– Drill a 1/4″ hole into the pipe through the 1/2″ opening in the saddle. Avoid the threads on the saddle of course.
– Apply Teflon tape to the threads of your vacuum breaker, thread it into the saddle and you’re done.
Don’t hesitate to contact us with any issues or questions you may have.